Windows 10 has some great features, but there’s no denying that sometimes even basic features break and you’re left wondering what to do. That’s why we’ve written an in-depth guide on common Windows 10 problems and their solutions. Additionally, users are now reporting that the Action Center, which is responsible for notifications and essential toggles, is grayed out and not working. The toggle for Action Center is grayed out in the Windows 10 personalization settings and users are unable to turn it on. So if you are also facing the issue then follow our guide and fix it within minutes.
Fix ‘Action Center Grayed Out in Windows 10’ Issue (2021)
1. we go edit group policy to fix the “Action Center Grayed out” issue in Windows 10. If you are on Windows 10 Home or Education, follow our guide to enable the Group Policy editor in your edition. Pro and Enterprise users do not need to do anything.
2. After activating the Group Policy Editor, press the Windows key once and search for “gpedit“. Now, open “Edit Group Policy” in the search result.
3. Then go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar. Here, search for “Remove Notifications and Action Center“.
4. Double-click it to open the policy. Finally, select “not configured” and then click “OK”. Now, restart your PC and check whether Action Center is still grayed out or not in Windows 10.
5. If you are still experiencing the issue, go ahead and create a new local user profile on Windows 10. After that, enter that temporary profile.
6. In this profile, go to Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Enable or disable system icons. On here, turn off the “Action Center” alternation.
7. Then exit this profile and log into your original account. Now the Action Center will not be grayed out and you can easily activate it.
Find the solution for Notifications and Action Center not working on Windows 10
So this is a nifty guide to resolve Action Center graying out issue on Windows 10. It will also resolve the notification issue and you will start getting them in Action Center. As I mentioned above, if the Group Policy Editor cannot fix it, create a new user account. For many users, it fixed the problem. Anyway, that’s all for us. If you are facing another issue where your PC is throwing the error “An administrator has blocked you from running this app”, then follow our linked guide to resolve the issue. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.