The “Display server not supported” error message is a common issue encountered by users when attempting to use the Anydesk remote desktop software. This error message indicates that the display server being used on the system is not compatible with Anydesk, preventing the software from functioning correctly. In this article, we will outline the causes of this issue and provide potential solutions for resolving it.
Causes of the issue
The “Display server not supported” error message in Anydesk can be caused by several factors, including:
- Incompatibility of Anydesk with the display server: The display server being used on the system may not be compatible with Anydesk, causing the error message to appear.
- Outdated Anydesk software: The Anydesk software may be outdated, and a newer version may be required to support the display server being used.
- Conflicts with other software on the system: Other software installed on the system may be conflicting with Anydesk and causing the error message to appear.
It is important to identify the cause of the issue in order to implement the most effective solution.
Solutions to the issue
The following are potential solutions to resolve the “Display server not supported” error message in Anydesk:
- Updating Anydesk to the latest version: Updating Anydesk to the latest version may resolve the issue by ensuring compatibility with the display server being used.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Anydesk: Uninstalling and reinstalling Anydesk may resolve any conflicts with other software on the system.
- Changing the display server or using a different remote desktop software: If the display server being used is not compatible with Anydesk, switching to a different display server or using a different remote desktop software may resolve the issue.
It is recommended to try each solution in the order listed above, as the first solution may resolve the issue without needing to implement the others.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Anydesk
To uninstall Anydesk on Windows:
- Go to the Start menu and click on the Control Panel.
- Click on the “Programs and Features” or “Apps & features” option.
- Find Anydesk in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process.
To reinstall Anydesk on Windows:
- Download the latest version of Anydesk from the official website.
- Run the installation file and follow the prompts to install the software.
Note: The steps to uninstall and reinstall Anydesk may differ slightly based on your operating system and the version of Anydesk you are using.
In conclusion, uninstalling and reinstalling Anydesk is a simple process that can be accomplished by following the steps outlined above. This can be a useful solution if you are experiencing issues with the software or if you need to upgrade to the latest version. By uninstalling and reinstalling Anydesk, you can ensure that your software is up-to-date and functioning properly.