Pretty much on schedule, Apple has released the long-awaited public beta of iOS 15 to give more users the opportunity to test out the new features in the next generation iOS update. If you are one of them, this handy guide is especially for you. But before you try to download and install iOS 15 public beta on your iPhone, there are a few things to keep in mind. In that vein, let me help you get started with installing the iOS 15 public beta on your device.
Download and Install iOS 15 (2021) Public Beta
Now, for those wondering, how do you get iOS public beta? Apple offers a reliable beta software program to let geeks and tech enthusiasts try out pre-release versions of iOS 15. If you don’t know, iOS 15 comes with a plethora of exciting new features including Focus mode, the ability to make FaceTime calls to Android, watch movies with friends on FaceTime, and more. Carefully follow the instructions below to try out these iOS 15 features.
Observation: Keep in mind that most beta versions of the software have bugs and come with various issues, so you should be prepared to deal with them. That’s the reason why it’s better to install beta software on a secondary device or go ahead and protect your data in advance.
Backup your iPhone to keep your data safe
To get started, make sure you back up all your data. This is done to ensure that your precious data remains safe even if something goes drastically wrong in the iOS 15 installation process. And if you decide to downgrade iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad and go back to iOS 14, the backup it will be super helpful.
1. Apple has made it quite simple to allow you to backup your iOS device. If you want to backup your data to iCloud, go to Settings app -> your avatar -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup.
2. Then activate the “iCloud Backup” toggle and then press the “back up now” button. Then grab a cup of coffee and wait patiently until all your data is backed up. How long it takes iCloud to back up your device depends entirely on how much data you have on your device and how fast it is. from your Internet.
There is also the option to make a local backup of your device on a computer (Mac or Windows). Keep in mind that if your Mac is running macOS Catalina or later, you will need to use Finder to back up your iOS device. And if your Mac has macOS Mojave or earlier, you will need to backup your device using iTunes. Windows PC will allow you to backup your iOS device using iTunes.
To back up your device, connect your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning cable and open iTunes or Finder. After that, select your device. If you want to backup your saved passwords, call history and integrity data, make sure you encrypt your local backup. Then click on “back up now“.
Download iOS 15 Public Beta Profile on your iPhone
After backing up your data, register your iPhone for iOS 15 public beta and install the beta profile. Remember that you can also follow the steps detailed below to install iPadOS 15 public beta on your iPad. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
1. open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to beta.apple.com.
2. Now, tap on the “Log in” and use your Apple ID and password to log in.
Observation: If you haven’t participated in the iOS public beta program before, you’ll need to register your account first. To do this, click on the “Sign up” and enter your Apple ID and password to continue.
3. After that, go to the iOS / iPadOS section depending on your device.
4. Then scroll down and tap the “enroll your iOS device” option located under the “Start” section.
4. Now scroll down further and tap on “download profile“.
5. Next, a pop-up window will appear saying: “This site is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” Touch “To allow” in the popup to proceed. After that, you may receive a confirmation saying: “Profile downloaded. Review the profile at [the] Settings app if you want to install it.” Tap “Near” finish.
Install iOS 15 Public Beta Profile on iPhone
After downloading the iOS 15 public beta profile, it’s time to install it on your device.
1. Start the settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, tap on the “profile downloaded” below your name.
3. Then tap “Install” at the top right corner. You will need to tap “Install” again to confirm the beta profile installation.
4. Next, you will need to restart your iPhone. Touch “Restart” in the pop-up window to continue.
Download and Install iOS 15 Public Beta on iPhone
After successfully downloading and installing the beta profile on your device, you can install iOS 15 like any other software update. Just make sure your device has around 50% battery backup and is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- open the settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now choose Generally.
3. Then tap “Software update“. After that, you will see that iOS 15 public beta update is already waiting for you. Now, tap on the “download and install” button.
As you can see from the screenshot above, the iOS 15 public beta download size is around 5.5GB on iPhone. And if you’re wondering, how long does it take to install iOS 15? Well, iOS 15 usually takes 20-45 minutes to download and install. So make sure you exercise some patience with him.
Time to explore iOS 15 features to your liking!
So this is how you can download and install iOS 15 public beta right now. As I said above, beta versions of the software come with a lot of bugs and unexpected issues. So, you should proceed only after backing up your data. Now that you have the new iOS 15 update, explore the software to your heart’s content and share an opinion on your favorite feature in the comments below.
Additionally, we’ve been investigating iOS 15 since its initial release and have covered several notable features including Apple Digital Legacy, Safari extensions, Live Text, and the ability to drag and drop files between apps in iOS 15 in great detail. Start your iOS 15 journey with these most talked about features.