Android 12 certainly implies a major design change that we’ve seen for a long time. In addition to Material You’s wallpaper-based design, the new widgets can be considered one of the best features of Android 12. It looks clean, adds a distinct character to Android, and aligns with a modern and quirky design. But the sad part is that not all Android devices will get the Android 12 update right away (only Pixel phones have the stable version as of now and some others are in Android 12 beta) and some may take years to get. this. That said, if you want to try out the new widgets now, this might interest you. We’ve found a few ways to get Android 12 widgets on any phone, no matter what version of Android you’re running. So without further ado, let’s see what you need to do.
With a custom widget maker and standalone apps, you can add widgets with Android 12 Material You theme right away. Here, we added paid and free ways to get Android 12 widgets on any phone through Google Play Store. We’ve added a table below for you to easily navigate through this article.
1. Get Android 12 widgets for free with Material Komponents
Let’s start with a free option. You can get the material components application (Free), which can be downloaded from the Play Store. It’s not that polished and you’d have to manually add the various components available. But, it is still viable. Just follow these steps to get started:
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open widgets on the home screen (long press) and add a KWGT widget. After that, open the widget and tap Create.
- Here, tap on the “+” icon in the upper right corner. Now choose Komponent.
- You will find a long list of Android 12 Material You widgets. You can just pick the ones you like and save them.
- Finally, the Android 12 widget will be available on your Android device.
2. U KWGT Material
If you’re willing to spend some money to get even more beautiful widgets on your phone, check this out. First, install the U KWGT material pack (LOL. 85/US$ 0.99) from the Play Store. Although it’s a paid package, the widgets are pretty good and look visually identical to Android 12 widgets. The next step requires you to get KWGT Pro (Free/LOL. 99 / US$ 5.99). Just so you know, you need to install the free app and then buy the Pro version key to use Material U widgets. Here’s what to do next:
- Once both apps are installed, just long press the home screen and open widgets. Now scroll down and search for “Kustom Widget”. Drag one of the custom widget sizes and place it on the home screen.
- Then tap on the widget and you will be taken to the KWGT app. Here, under the “Installed packages” option, you will find U KWGT Material. Tap on it.
- Now, select one of the many Android 12 widgets and tap on the save button in the upper right corner.
- Finally, go to the home screen and you’re done! Android 12 widget is right on your home screen.
One thing to note is that the KWGT app doesn’t open apps by tapping widgets on its own. For that, you need to follow some extra steps.
- If you need to open an app, say the Calendar app, open the widget and go to the Touch option as shown in the screenshot below. Here, tap on Kustom Action.
- When the pop-up menu appears, tap Application Launch and select the application. For example, here I selected the Calendar app. Now save the widget.
- Now, whenever you tap on the widget, you will be taken to the Calendar app. You can also select an activity, shortcut, action and more. The same can be done for other widgets/applications.
here’s a look some of android 12 widgets on my OnePlus 7T running Android 11. It looks pretty identical to Android 12 widgets, right?
3. NeXt – Android 12 Widgets for KWGT
NeXt is another awesome app that has a great collection of Android 12 widgets and they can be added by KWGT app. To do this, you need to install the NeXt application (LOL. 90 / $1.49). Again, it’s a paid app, but the widgets are pretty cool. I’m assuming you’ve already installed and configured the KWGT application.
- Once installed, simply follow the method mentioned in the Material U KWGT section to add a NeXt widget. Just open “Widgets” and choose “Next Widgets”.
- Grab one of the NeXt Android 12 widgets and simply save it.
- Now go to your home screen and the widgets will be live. It’s that simple.
The best part is that unlike Material U KWGT, Android 12 widgets downloaded via NeXt can take you to the corresponding apps by default. This means you won’t need to configure custom actions to make widgets respond to touch inputs.
4. Android 12 Clock Widgets
If KWGT isn’t to your liking and you want a simple app that doesn’t require a lot of work, installing a standalone app will be the best way to try out Android 12 widgets. It’s easy to configure and you can add widgets within seconds. If you want to get super cool Android 12 clock widgets, just download Android 12 Clock Widgets app.
- Get started by downloading the Android 12 Clock Widgets app (Free, Premium version for Rs. 90/$0.99) on your Android phone.
- Then open the app and select one of the free widgets.
- Put it on the home screen and you’re done.
Now you can enjoy Android 12 clock widgets on your smartphone. There is also a option to customize these widgets. So if you want to set your accent color, choose date style, clock size, etc., you can do it for free in the app.
5. Android 12 Weather Widgets
Similar to clock widgets, if you are looking for Android 12 weather widget, there is another app that offers weather widgets for Android 12 in a perfect way. Go to the link and install the Android 12 Weather Widgets app (Free, Premium version for Rs. 90/US$0.99).
- Once installed, tap the button free widgets section.
- Drag your favorite widget on the home screen to complete.
- And this is how the widget looks on the home screen.
Give your Android phone a refreshing look with Android 12 widgets
Here are some ways to get Android 12 widgets on your Android device right now without having to wait for Android 12. To make it look more like Android 12, you can install Android 12 Icon Pack (LOL. 90 / $1.49) which is based on the beige look of Android 12.
Also, if you want to get more Android 12 features on your Android device, then follow our linked article. If you are experiencing any issues, please let us know in the comments section below. We will certainly try to help you.