Users switching from a Windows PC to a Chromebook find it difficult to accept that they can no longer play their favorite games on this new platform. However, things have changed drastically in recent years thanks to Linux support and you can now play most Windows games through Steam on Chrome OS or the Play Store. We recently covered how to play Minecraft on Chromebook and this time we show you how to run Roblox on your machine. You can easily install and play Roblox on a Chromebook and without a lot of hacks and tweaks. So without further ado, let’s jump into the steps.
Observation: Want to share your Roblox gameplay with the world? Learn how you can turn on and record your screen on Chromebook by following the linked article.
Play Roblox on a Chromebook (Updated 2022)
You can actually play Roblox on Chromebooks, but you need Play Store support. The Android app experience is much better and the frame rate is also very good. However, if you have a school-issued Chromebook and the Play Store is blocked for you, you will not be able to play Roblox.
Previously, you could use ARC Welder to run Roblox on school-issued Chromebooks. However, ARC Welder has been removed from the Chrome Store and can no longer be used. Unfortunately, this means that there is currently no way to play Roblox on Chromebooks without Play Store support.
Run Roblox on a Chromebook (Play Store support required)
1. First, open the settings page from your Chromebook by clicking the gear icon in the Quick Settings menu.
2. Then click on “apps” on the left panel and activate Google Play Store if Play Store is not already activated.
3. After that, search for Roblox on the Play Store (Freeoffers in-app purchases) and install it immediately on your Chromebook.
4. Now, just open the game in the App Drawer and Roblox will work like a charm. You can also press the Search key on your keyboard and search for “roblox” and open it. the best part is that it supports WASD key controls and external mouse too.
5. In my tests, there were some graphics-related black lines issues when playing Roblox on Chromebook. However, after enabling GPU acceleration on my Chromebook from Chrome Flags, the effect was minimized. You can also try the same method on your Chromebook. Other than that, if your Chromebook has an ARM-based processor then Roblox would work just fine as you are running an Android app.
Install Roblox on your Chromebook and play like a champion
So that was our little article on how to play Roblox on a Chromebook. As we can see, the popular game is now available on Google Play Store and you don’t have to go through any kind of hassle to play this massive multiplayer game. If you have a school-issued Chromebook, there is unfortunately no way to run Roblox on your school’s Chromebook. However, you can try Crayta on Google Stadia which is a game like Roblox and is also free to play.
Anyway, that’s all for us. If you want to play more games on Chrome OS, head over to our dedicated article on the best Chromebook games.